Top Benefits and Home Remedies of Raktha Chandan
Let’s shed some light on one of the biggest secrets to Effin’s magic.
It’s Hero Ingredients.
Today we will take a closer look at Raktha Chandan or Red Sandalwood, the hero ingredient of Effin Lifestyle’s Natural Raktha Chandana Soap.
This wonderful ingredient has been selected for its phenomenal properties that have a unique history with our culture. But before we discuss how Raktha Chandana provides its benefits to our faces and skin, let’s discuss its past.
About Raktha Chandana Tree
Red Sandalwood powder has been used in Ayurveda for hundreds of years. Also known as Raktha Chandan, Raktha Chandanam, Lal chandan, and Saunders Wood – It is mainly grown in India and China. India is the largest exporter of red sandalwood mainly grown in the states of Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, and Kerala.
The wood of Raktha Chandanam is different from yellow sandalwood as it is non-fragrant. Its origin from the inner section of the red sandalwood tree to the medical palettes of doctors is well-documented across the country.
5 Best Benefits of Red Sandalwood
Let’s look at just some of its benefits for your skin.
1. Antiseptic property
Of the many natural antiseptic agents in Ayurveda, Raktha Chandan is special. Antiseptic agents in Rakta Chandan provides benefits to the skin by controlling the infection. That is why Ratha Chandan has been used on injuries, pimples, and acne to reduce a collection of impurities in the skin.
2. Anti-inflammatory property
Raktha chandan aids in reducing swelling, therefore it is extremely useful in controlling Ulcers when used directly on external wounds in a paste form. In its edible form, it helps control Cholesterol and other various digestive issues.
3. Astringent property
Astringents help contract body tissue. Recent medical research even suggests that a concoction of Red Sandalwood fruit might help treat Dysentery by reducing the secretion of mucus in the intestine.
4. Anti-oxidative property
Antioxidants are valuable and in conjunction with the various other properties of Raktha Chandan. They aid in controlling high cholesterol levels and liver problems. That is why Raktha Chandan is used for wound healing and can also help in managing Diabetes. In a paste form, it can also aid in treating pimples, acne and is an anti-tanning agent.
5. A Soothing Scent
Fragrances can evoke powerful neural reactions, meaning they can elevate or alter the mood of a person. Several essential oils are used in this manner to create a calming effect on the mind, aid mental well being and create a comforting environment.
7 Home Remedies With Red Sandalwood
Here are 7 ways you can get red sandalwood benefits at home. Red Sandalwood can be combined with ingredients easily found in your home to make home remedies for your skin:
- Combine Rakta Chandan Powder with rose water to make a face pack for reducing acne and acne scars and the irritation caused by acne due to its cooling properties. You can even add a teaspoon of honey and a pinch of Kasturi Manjal to the pack for better results. Apply this every other day.
- Combine red sandalwood powder with some mashed ripe papaya to make a gentle exfoliation scrub to remove the dirt and grime from your face without damaging it. Make sure you don’t scrub your face too hard, and only use this scrub once a week, not too often
- Combine red sandalwood powder with curd and milk to combat uneven pigmentation. Mix one tablespoon of Raktha Chandanam powder, half tablespoon of Kasturi Manjal / turmeric and two tablespoons of curd and milk each to make a face pack. Apply it every other day.
- Combine red sandalwood powder with cucumber juice to make a face pack that helps in removing suntan. Mix equal amounts of cucumber juice with an equal amount of red sandalwood powder and apply it to the affected area. Use this when you have sunburns.
- Combine 2 teaspoons of almond oil and 4 teaspoons of coconut oil to 4 teaspoons of red sandalwood powder. It can be used regularly as a moisturizing face pack for dry skin. Remember that even oily skin needs moisturizing (maybe not as often- try once or twice a week) even though it may sound counter-intuitive. Trust us on this.
- Combine red sandalwood powder with lemon juice and honey to prepare a mask for oily skin. This face pack will regulate the secretion of sebum and reduce inflammation, and tighten pores. Make sure that you never use lemon juice directly on your face as it will burn your skin. Always mix it with a soothing ingredient like honey. Use this face pack once a week, not too often if you want the best Lal Chandan benefits for your face and skin.
- For a daily stress-free option- try our 100% natural and handmade Raktha Chandana Soap which is already formulated with Coconut oil, Brazilian clan and sandalwood oil to give you the best benefits of Rakta Chandan in a soap bar. It’s an all in one soap that helps remove acne scars, blemishes, suntan, dullness and excess oil from the skin.
Whichever option you choose, remember to supplement it with a healthy balanced diet and sufficient exercise for the best results.
Skincare isn’t just about exterior skin, it’s an Effin lifestyle.