Why You Should Use Activated Charcoal For Your Skin
The last decade has seen the rise of activated charcoal-infused products ranging from croissants to skincare products; and though many of its uses have been proven as redundant, its applications in medicine and skincare have proven to be undeniable. Today we are going to look at why it is a highly useful and versatile ingredient in many industries, and also take a look at how misunderstood its history has been.
About Activated Charcoal
Activated charcoal is made by heating powdered charcoal with various ingredients such as wood, fruit shells, etc. at high temperatures. At such high temperatures, the structure of activated charcoal changes into a highly porous material, capable of excellent absorption.
The use of activated charcoal goes back to ancient times when the Egyptians used it to create bronze, fight digestive diseases and get rid of unpleasant odours. Now, in the 21st century, you will find activated charcoal in every household and hospital. Activated Charcoal is used to prevent toxins from entering the systemic circulation, is frequently used to treat drug overdose and promotes kidney function. Most importantly, it is used every day for skin treatment, Gas reduction, teeth whitening, relieving chronic pain and easing inflammation.
Uses Of Activated Charcoal
With such a good cleansing and absorption affinity, it is used in making:
- Activated charcoal soap
- Charcoal creams
- Industrial chemicals
- Activated carbon balls
Properties Of Activated Charcoal
Here are some top benefits of charcoal soap for your skin
- ANTISEPTIC PROPERTY – Black charcoal is known as the best treatment for acne problems. Our activated charcoal soap bar not only helps remove toxins but also removes skin impurities and also removes acne scars or facial marks formed due to acne.
- ANTI INFLAMMATORY PROPERTIES – Black Charcoal is used in all sorts of filtration systems and is most commonly used for its ability to quickly absorb toxins before they are digested.
- ASTRINGENT PROPERTIES – This ingredient will absorb all the excess oil along with the dirt from the skin giving it a radiant look. Also, helps to get rid of dead cells and has an amazing ability to control facial oil and takes away all the impurities, thus providing us with the best flawless skin.
- ANTI-OXIDATIVE PROPERTY – The central use in modern medicine has been as a binder to prevent toxicity in the bloodstream to help stabilise the patient. It is also used in emergency medical treatment for overdoses of toxic and poisonous substances.
- AN ODOUR NEUTRALISER– Packed with natural ingredients, activated charcoal is safe for everyday use and suits every skin type, enough to keep their odour at bay and energise your skin with its neutral aroma.
Benefits Of Using Activated Charcoal Soap For Skin
Various brands have introduced activated charcoal in the use of skincare and personal care.
Here are the best reasons you should apply activated charcoal soap on your face and skinToothpaste for your daily skincare:
- Suitable For All Skin Type
Be it oily, dry, or even combinational skin type- our activated charcoal soap bar is there to provide it with the necessary care it requires to stay fresh.
- Gentle And Deep Skincare Cleansing
The activated charcoal soap gently exfoliates the skin with the dirt and oil present in the skin without causing any itching or rash.
- Helps In Reducing The Pores
The gentle exfoliation of oil helps in reducing the pore size of the skin by removing the oil.
- A Flawless Skin
Using activated charcoal soap helps in keeping your skin flawless and provides a tiger, firmer skin giving you an excellent look and feel.
While we surely see that it is a truly wonderful ingredient, we should remember that it is still a manufactured product. We don’t recommend ingesting it in any form as it has been proven to have many side effects and can directly impact your digestive system. Claims of charcoal being infused in your food are also not to be believed as it is a binder that actually prevents your body from breaking down and absorbing these foods into your system.
As a skin treatment, however, we approve. Get your Charcoal Soap from Effin Lifestyle’s page today!